Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me

It's party time, and I'm celebrating to be alive.  LOL
June is the month I was born, and since I'm turning the big 7 0 tomorrow I'm going to tell you about the events that happen in June.  For one thing, this is the month when the most weddings are traditionally held.  The flower for June is the white, or cream-colored rose, and the pearl is the birthstone.  

This period was named after Juno, the Roman Goddess.  Also, the sign for June is Gemini until June 21, and then it's Cancer.  Some of the holidays in this month are June 6 when we fly flags for D Day, June 14 is Flag Day, June 15 is Father's Day and Litha known as the summer solstice is 20 through 21st. 

I bet you didn't know this is National Dairy month.  I didn't either.  Also, it is Paul Bunyan month and several others I've never heard of. 

Since, I'm celebrating my birthday this month; I'm going to give some lucky commenter a chance to select one of my e-books by selecting the book they want from my website.  http://www.skaymarshall.com

Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me.  Have a great week, and I'll see you next Sunday. 

Sandra K. Marshall, Author
http://www.eirelanderpublishing.com

6 comments:

Dory Jensen said...

OOh, let me be the first to wish you happy birthday. very interesting post, Sandy.
Dory

Melissa Keir said...

It's a busy month for many people who vacation too! We are camping at the end of the month, after I'm done with teaching for the year. :)

I will wish you an early birthday here and another one tomorrow on our blog. :)

Sandy said...

Thank you, sweet Dory.

Thank you, Melissa. I kept thinking today where are my commenters? lol They must've started vacation. Grin!

Kari Rogers Miller said...

A belated Happy Birthday Sandy! I am on vacation and couldn't get "on-line" until now....
Lots of love and keep on keeping on!
We are not getting any younger....we are getting better!
Me

Kari Rogers Miller said...

Pick Me! Pick Me! I don't have the last book....;(
AND I commented twice! Makes the odds better!
PS...June is a good month! Lots of important people born in June...No, not me, I am a November girl.
Kari

Sandy said...

I forgot to announce the winner for one of my books last week. Kari is the winner, and you can expect a copy of The Deceived in your email today. Smile!